Everyone wants to have the perfect, white smile because it adds confidence and can make you look more attractive.
Here are natural ways to whiten teeth you can easily do:
- 1. Be sure to brush and floss at least twice a day. Floss before bed and use a cheap gum massager to get under the gum flap. This is the easiest and best way to whiten teeth. It will prevent plaque buildup, which can discolor teeth.
- 2. Avoid drinking water that has added fluoride or use fluoride toothpaste because flouride can discolor your teeth. Some countries have even banned fluoride.
- 3. You can whiten teeth by staying away from bad habits like smoking. Smokers find it more difficult to maintain white and healthy teeth. In addition, they are at risk of acquiring lung diseases.
- 4. Coffee and tea are notorious causes of stained teeth so minimize their intake. Make sure you drink water after drinking them to rinse your teeth. Drinking colas and wine will also contribute to tooth discoloration.
- 5. Eating certain fruits like strawberries are proven ways to whiten teeth. Mashed strawberries can be rubbed on the teeth surface. Leave it on for about 5 minutes and then rinse well with water. You can also use the inside of an orange peel. You can rub the skin on your teeth or make a paste. Others use a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Whatever method you choose, make sure to rinse your teeth with water to avoid harming the enamel.
- 6. Another natural way to whiten teeth is using baking soda. You may not know it but a lot of toothpastes contain baking soda. This substance is very effective in whitening teeth. To use it, you can mix baking soda with a little salt and create a paste which you can use like normal toothpaste.
- 7. Avoid or minimize the use of mouthwashes. Just like alcohol they can contain other chemicals that may discolor the teeth.
- 8. Drink plenty of water. Out of the natural ways to whiten teeth, getting enough water in your system will do great for the color of your teeth. This will eliminate any food particles left in the teeth surface and the spaces between the teeth.
- 9. Eat healthier. Consume more fruits and vegetables. Make huge salads. As much as you can, avoid fast food and processed foods. Crunchy fruits and vegetables can act as abrasives and clean the teeth surface. Not only that, you will also become healthier and stronger.
There are various natural ways to whiten teeth. Although there are different cosmetic products that are specifically designed to bleach the teeth—whitening gels, strips, and toothpastes—nothing beats whitening teeth using natural methods.
These are not only significantly less expensive than teeth whitening products. Natural treatments will also help keep you from experiencing harmful side effects.
I also enjoyed an article on How to get rid of white spots on teeth from one of my everyday reading blogs.